Monday, November 10, 2008

Definition Please - "Civil Rights"

The most offensive thing that I keep hearing lately is the equating of the gay rights issue to the civil rights of African Americans. While I understand the harsh consequences of choosing to live a gay lifestyle, I can't with a clear conscience say its the same as being born with skin of color. It's quite obvious when I walk in a room that I am of color. How do I know who a person slept with last night? Is it my business? If God united man and woman and condemn all else, who are we to change the rules. I don't think He appreciates that. The objective of Christianity against gay marriage is not lessen anyone, but protect what God has ordained according to His Word. He loves all and condemns all. He also forgives and allows for repentance. The choice to live a gay lifestyle is choice that some have made with harsh consequences. These consequences are undeserved as a person. We should treat people with love according God's Word. We cannot base legislation on that which God condemns, but live according to the love that God commands.

Sorry, this issue is separate and not equal.... not sorry, just saying it like it is.

No comments: