Saturday, February 20, 2010

Holy Conversation

I love being able to pray. Short prayers, but He gets it. Short prayers, but He fills in my blanks. Short prayers, because he knows me. Short prayers, because He did it. Although sometimes I need to take my take and pour out my heart. Let Him know how much I love Him. Let Him know how much more He is to me than any thing else is or could be. Let Him know that I agree with His Word that He is holy, righteous, and gracious. Its my conversation language. All of this before I've even begun to ask for anything. It saddens me to know that so many people don't know how to pray or don't know "to pray." I just thank you Lord for making the power of prayer real in my life. This is my installment regarding my conversation...holy conversation.

I tried to bend my knees, but heart was already bent
Words that transcend the couch are being sent
My counselor waits and ask no questions
Perfect in time gives a command not even a suggestion
I ask the Lord for guidance and clarity on my path
Just hold on to ministry and perfect my craft

No comments: